Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Julia Quinn – Bridgerton’s Series

Julia Quinn – Bridgerton’s Series (A-H)

When my Banker friend suggested me to read Julia Quinn, I was tempted to have a go. She lends me one of her books but I was worried too much in taking care of the book instead of reading it! Sorry dear!

But I have always loved the stories written to portray life in 18th centuries. This must be one of those Suffragettes and Suffragist era that I learnt from my British History lessons during my Grade 10 & 11. Oh yeah of course during my English classes with emm..i can’t remember her name but she was a beautiful blond lady, soft spoken and really nice. We watched Jane Austin, Shakespeare and recite the famous Daffodils poems. Gosh, memory flashes back!

I can never finish my Jane Austen books unless you were forced to read it for GCSE English exams! But I loved to watch all the movies especially “Becoming Jane” which was shown on ASTRO Hallmark Channels 2 years ago. Do have a view on You Tube :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag53cnP2Ycc&NR=1

Main reason for you to love this movie is because the Main actor and actress is James Mcavoy and Anne Hathaway!!

Back to Julia Quinn Novels, well as I have described earlier the settings were all during the 18th and 17th centuries. Where the English (lagi la suka!) were still a conservative, with the Duke, Marquis and Viscounts were the main attractions for the ladies. As they reached the age of 18th, they'll go to London to join in the season ball, where they will dance and dance until they meet their future husbands.

The Bridgerton series start off with a mother with 8 children and she named them according to alphabets orders. A to H. Anthony the Duke, Benedict the Viscount, Collin, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory and Hythinch. (H ni ke check nama dia balik)

Somehow I found out that I am totally addicted to her books! But..i must make sure I only purchase the covers with cartoon drawings only!

Recommendation : why dont you try buy the first book first "The Duke and I"

No comments:

Post a Comment